Avoid Hassle, Solve Problems, and Sidestep Toxic Employees with the Perfect Set of HR Policies
Employment & HR Barrister Daniel Barnett
Never again face the problem of employees saying they don't understand a policy, or managers not following them.
Most HR policies are far too long. They've been assembled from a template designed to cover every situation, or have been added to again and again over the years until they're a mess.
I've selected the key twenty policies that every business needs and re-imagined them, stripping them down to their bare bones to provide you with the protection and flexibility your business needs.
Outer Temple Chambers
Is This You?
- "Our policies are out of date, and I don't have time to update them"
- "They're wordy and full of jargon - nobody reads them"
- "I'm sick of being the 'HR Police' - I want simple policies that give us flexibility"
- "We've got too many policies, and they don't link up properly"
- "Our managers don't follow them - they just don't get the need"
Our Policies have been Stripped Down and
Reduced to their Bare Essentials
- Everyone can read and follow them - they're stripped down to the essentials, with no verbiage or restrictive procedures
- You don't need to worry about whether they're up to date - they cover the law as it stands in 2020
- You'll have flexibility where it's needed, and with clear guidelines where necessary
- Prepared by one of the best-known employment and HR barristers in the UK
- They're simple, practical and readable
- Fully updated for bereavement leave and the new requirements for written particulars of employment
What Others Have To Say
Angela Rhodes, Crispin Rhodes - Daniel’s HR policies are invaluable, giving us a bank of robust, reliable and legally sound policies to give to our clients without having to research and create them ourselves. They’re in simple English, easy to read and understand and so suitable for all employees. I will certainly be purchasing the updates as and when they are available.
Beautiful, clean policies designed
for the modern HR department and business
Simple, compliant, concise and clear for employees and managers alike. Easy to tailor, too.Fiona Satiro Satiro Consulting
"Clients are increasingly asking for menopause and wellbeing policies. You take 2 minutes to personalise the templates and sell them on. It's easy profit."Simon Silver Partner, SBP Law
Concise and punchy, easy to read with all the essential need-to-know information included!Liz Boutcher HR Surgery
Here's What You Get...
#1 Recruitment Policy
- Internal and external recruitment
- Advertising, shortlisting and interview
- Making a job offer
#2 Holiday Policy
- Holiday entitlement and taking holiday
- Sickness during periods of holiday
- Long-term absence and holiday
- Arrangements on termination
#3 Flexible Working Policy
- How to request flexible working
- Dealing with a flexible working request
- Appeals and challenges
#4 Equal Opportunities Policy
- Different types of discrimination
- Duties and responsibilities for management and staff
- Recruitment and selection
- Breaches and enforcement
#5 Drugs & Alcohol Policy
- Consequences of drug or alcohol use/possession
- Drinking at work events
- Dealing with side-effects of prescription medication
- Screening and searches
#6 Wellbeing Policy
- Managing stress
- Talking to us
- Sources of external support
#7 Menopause Policy
- Understanding the menopause
- Helping you through the menopause
#8 Maternity & Family Friendly Policy
- Maternity leave and pay
- Shared parental leave
- Paternity, adoption and ordinary parental leave
- Bereavement leave
#9 Homeworking Policy
- Applying for homeworking
- Setting up, managing, and supervising homeworking
- Security, confidentiality and data protection
#11 Harassment & Bullying Policy
- Understanding harassment & bullying
- Dealing with the problem
#13 Absence Management Policy
- Reporting absence and evidence of incapacity
- Fit for work service
- Managing long term and persistent absence
- Other types of absence
#15 Whistleblowing Policy
- Understanding whistleblowing
- Raising a concern
- Protection and confidentiality
- External disclosures
#17 Data Protection Policy
- Explanation of the data protection principles
- How the company deals with data
- Instructions on how employees should handle data
- Subject access requests
#19 Disciplinary Policy
- Dismissal and other sanctions
What Others Have To Say
Heather Chadburn, HR Manager, ATG - Having returned from the Middle East, Daniel's HR policies helped me understand UK employment laws and were clear and uncomplicated. They gave me confidence that my advice to my employer/managers was compliant with current legislation.
(then £86+VAT per month)
Order Today and Get Two Fabulous Bonuses...
Daniel Barnett’s online course on GDPR for HR Professionals (value £297)
110 page transcript of Employment Law MasterClass 2019 seminar (value £97)
How Much Do The Policies Cost?
The policies cost £895+VAT.
You can get a £500+VAT discount by joining the HR Inner Circle (first month free, then £86+VAT per month, cancellable at any time), which is Daniel Barnett’s membership club for smart, ambitious HR Professionals. Details in the next FAQ.
How do I get my £500 discount? What is the HR Inner Circle about?
The HR Inner Circle is the UK’s leading membership club for smart, ambitious HR Professionals. It is run by Daniel Barnett. We’re offering a free one month membership, which automatically gives you a £500 discount on the HR Policies 2020. You can cancel membership at any time. If you choose to stay a member, you’ll pay £86+VAT per month after the free month. There are no minimum membership periods.
You can see full details at www.hrinnercircle.co.uk. In summary, members get the following:-
- a monthly magazine, delivered straight to your door
- a monthly audio seminar, with tips and strategies for HR Professionals
- a monthly online Q&A session, where you can ask Daniel Barnett all your most complex employment & HR law problems
- immediate access to a vibrant, active online community of HR Professionals
- free entry to the HR Inner Circle Annual Conference
- substantial discounts on all Daniel Barnett’s products
I'd rather not Pay by Card. Can I Pay by Invoice?
Yes (although we might ask for payment before we send anything out to you). Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll sort it out.
What Will I Get When I Order?
- an immediate link to download all twenty policies and both contracts;
- an immediate link to access Daniel’s course on GDPR for HR Professionals
- an immediate link to download the 110 page transcript of Daniel Barnett’s Employment Law MasterClass 2019
- a licence to re-sell or give away the policies
- a twelve month guarantee of a full refund if you’re not happy with the policies
- if you choose to get the £500 discount by joining the HR Inner Circle, a monthly Q&A with Daniel Barnett, a monthly magazine, a monthly audio seminar, free entrance to the HR Inner Circle Annual Conference, immediate access to our online community and much more.
What if I Want My Money Back?
Just ask us! Email us on email@example.com.
Are there any Limits to my Ability to Give Away or Re-Sell the Policies?
To be fair to all our customers, you cannot make them available for free download directly from your website or via social media (but you can promote their sale through your website or social media) for people with whom you have no existing relationship. But you can make them available for free download to your existing clients or prospects.
Can I rebrand the policies for myself?
Yes. We supply you with the electronic files. The cover sheets are provided in .jpg and .pdf format, and you can simply substitute your own. The actual policies are supplied as Word documents, and you can change them in any way you want.
How can I be confident they are properly prepared and legally compliant?
The policies are prepared by Daniel Barnett, one of the UK’s leading employment law barristers. He has written ten books on employment law and appears regularly on radio and TV. The policies are the result of Daniel’s 25 years’ experience representing and advising many hundreds of companies in employment litigation. Each policy has been checked by an independent HR Professional (who also sits on employment tribunals) and an editor.
We have a collective agreement with a union. Can we use these policies?
It’s unlikely a union would agree to you adopting these policies. They are designed to protect the employer, and do not include much of the detail that unions try to negotiate into policies. So although you might find the policies useful for developing your own knowledge, they’re unlikely to be of much use in your job.
If I were entirely ignorant of all HR, would these 20 policies cover all of my HR needs and circumstances?
If you are a small or medium business, then these 20 policies will cover everything you need.
Large corporations, charities and public sector employers (such as local authorities and NHS Trusts) need more detailed policies.
If you’re unsure whether these policies will suffice, you’ll be covered under our 12 month guarantee and can have your money back if you remain uncertain once you’ve seen them.
Can I buy just one policy, rather than all twenty?
Sorry, no. They are designed to work together, and several of them cross-reference to other related policies. We only sell them as a complete set.
How will I know these policies fit my organisation?
We’ve got various options throughout the policies. For example, in the disciplinary policy, we have two possible sections depending on whether you are willing to allow employees to record meetings. These options are clearly marked and you select the one that you want. The policies are supplied as a Word document so that making changes is easy.
My organisation has special needs - will this template set be useful for me?
There’s an easy way to find out; get hold of a set, and you then have twelve months under our guarantee to ask for your money back if they’re not useful. The policies aren’t really suitable for companies that bargain collectively with unions, for public sector employers or for FTSE-100 type companies. But they’re written with everyone else in mind.
I write my own policies - how will these help me?
If you want to keep your own policies, these act as a ‘sanity check’.
A lot of people tell us that they’ve gone back and revised large segments of their policies after seeing ours, and even more people have said they’ve realised they can cut entire sections out to make their policies simpler and more user-friendly.
What happens if there is a change in the law?
Our policies are carefully designed not to need regular updating. But they can be updated by you at any time.
Can I see a sample?
Yes. You can download the Performance Improvement Policy for free.
How are the policies different to the policies you produced in 2017?
We’ve updated them, and written four new ones. We’ve also written two template employment contracts, both of which are new to the 2020 Policies.
And you still get everything else from the earlier (2017) version of the policies – including the one year guarantee and the licence to re-sell or give away the policies.
Do the contracts contain the new particulars, which all written particulars of employment must contain from April 2020?
(then £86+VAT per month)
THE SMALL PRINT:
- By purchasing these policies (which term includes the contracts and book), you are entering into a contract with Employment Law Services Limited.
- Disclaimer: The policies do not contain or amount to legal advice. They are non-bespoke template documents and have been created and prepared as generic documents, not with your organisation's requirements in mind. If you require legal advice, please contact Daniel Barnett for details of his professional and consultancy rates.
- Purchase of the policies includes a licence to resell them, or to give them away as promotional offers to existing clients or prospects. You are not permitted to promote any free giveaway of the policies on social media or your website, although you may promote the sale of the policies on social media or your website.
- You are entitled to a full refund at any time for one year after purchase, just by asking us.
- If you choose to join the HR Inner Circle (and receive a £500 discount on the policies), you get one month's free membership and you may cancel your membership at any time. If you do not cancel, your card will be charged at £86+VAT per month until you cancel. Your contract for membership of the HR Inner Circle is with HR Inner Circle Limited and is subject to terms and conditions.